Thursday, October 18, 2007

hi-ho

drizzy-dreary thoughts today, thought I don't really know why. I think I may be lonely but I don't want to go see anyone. I think I may feel cooped up but I don't want to go outside. I think I want to talk but I don't have anything to say and I don't want to see my words on a public page.

It's a blustery day, I went and got my hair cut and then walked to the mall, which is intrinsically a bad idea because hair cut place people always magically make each of your hairs microscopic in width so that it becomes practically anti-gravitational until your next shower. Try that in a windstorm, with bangs newly too short to tuck behind your ears but still too long to be out of your eyes, because you didn't want them to be in the way. And try all of that while on the cell phone.

Actually I have to go do the dishes. Funny how posting helps me, i'm just forbidding myself to use the backspace button and plunging forward. Science class is very strange, I've never found a group of people harder to socialize with. I made one friend and introduced myself to three others, but Pierce people, they're just a miserable lot.

I keep feeling like there's something I'm looking forward to, but there's not, I'm just sort of living, floating. God gives so much strengh, but then there comes those times when you can't pray and the words in the Bible all bounce back and there you are, trying to cope by yourself.

These kinds of days are my favorite, with candles going inside and a storm raging out. You know, I really don't like it after it rains, I just like it while it's pouring, the more the better. It feels like the power should go out. After the storm is the worst part because then everything feels tangy and raw, I'd rather feel bundled up inside while the storm wraps around me.

Seventeen going on eighteen, if you can beleive it. Little more than one month away. It's just sort of occuring to me that this is my life, it's not going to really change that much for quite a while, and this is who I am. I feel like I'm too old to be writing blog posts.

I wish I hadn't let myself give up on piano. It feels so good to play, I picture it in my mind, I can hear it, but my fingers just don't do it. The notes are too confusing. I love to dance, though. To anything, really. I have this vision in my mind of dancing by a campfire after curfew to the music from Mike-y's car boom box with everyone from church. And other people. To the Great Escape- did I mention that? Dancing to the Great Escape. Lately I don't feel like I'm the only cabin boy left on this sinking ship, there are others tied up and we're really all drowning. They step up and pull me into their circle, saying you are one of us now. It's the strangest thing. And yet it's not what I wanted, not what I asked for.

Melt in your mouth chocolate chip penut butter cookies- Elizabeth made them. I could have another one but I'm already quite full. A fire would be perfect right now. This is one of those spell-bound moments, for some reason. I think I might be comming down with a cold, somehow it would be perfect right now. To be sick and bundled up in a plaid blanket with a mug of hot chicken noodle soup, shivering and too tired to really do anything. Instead I'm healthy and happy and strong, and more blessed than I know how to handle. What ever will I do with it all?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about piano . . . I'm about in the same place. I'm thinking about just working on different pieces for fun, one at a time. It is fun to play when you have worked the song out!

Didn't you love the windstorm yesterday Emily? I like it SO much better when it is pouring then just eternally drizzling. I love the power in it.

emily said...

gotta tell their friends
little mice little men
get 'em all excited, all invited
God help us, we just love our job!

Yes, exactly Beth. And exactly. lol. Thanks for commenting, it made me much happier right now.

Dorothy said...

awwww...you like that song, no?

We lost power. It was awesome. And then came the thunder, and we started Nicholas Nickleby...which is incorporated into my next post, coming soon!

lindy said...

Me too! Me too me too me too me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emily I don't know how you do it but you write the exact same things that are on my mind, troubling me, making me happy, annoyed at. So much of your writing I think to myself, "Did I tell her all this and just don't remember?" Because I feel identical about piano and, well, every thing you just said!

lol

Emily! Will you come to the river with me?

Sam said...

paper bags and plastic hearts
all our belongings in shopping carts


yeah. yeah, yeah. uh-huh. *more listening noises*
that's cool that they pulled you in.

Anonymous said...

It always makes me SO happy when people comment on my blog. And then I'm like, wait, why does this make me so happy anyway?

Kacy, if you lost power, how did you watch Nicholas Nickleby . . .??

lindy said...

I was wondering the same thing!!! They must have a magic tv, er some thing. :)

Uh Sam - ?????????????

Emily I love that quote!!! *dances* *realizes she dances too much* *stops dancing*

Anyways.


"You're a lucky girl!"
"That's what I am, half wit."
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Dorothy said...

ha-ha we watched it in the evening...we only lost power from like 10 till 1 or 2 or something like that.

But we do have a generator. when we lost power for like four days we were doing EVERYTHING in the kitchen! sewing my selwar kameez, ironing, watching a movie, cooking, and probably lots more I forgot about too.

then our generator decided to commit suicide very sloooowwwwlllyyy. We found out it was just a dirty sparkplug though, and the next day we got power back so it was all good.

:)

emily said...

lol, I think it's, "you LOOK like a girl," Lindy.

we'll scream out at the top of our lungs
and they'll think it's just cuz we're young
and we'll feel so alive...

all i want for my birthday is to get all of you together and dance to that song.

i already told you, Lindy! not today! lol.

emily said...

lol, I think it's, "you LOOK like a girl," Lindy.

we'll scream out at the top of our lungs
and they'll think it's just cuz we're young
and we'll feel so alive...

all i want for my birthday is to get all of you together and dance to that song.

i already told you, Lindy! not today! lol.

MJ said...

interesting thoughts...

Ugg. My blogger self really bothers me. Don't hold it against me, guys, just remember the real me. : )

I love dancing, too. : ) It was so fun when we danced, and danced, and danced. And Eric look at us as though we were from Mars, as I would of done six months ago, (though he was secretly wanting to join in). Let's do it again sometime : )....

lindy said...

*bangs head on desk* wow. I must have sounded really really dumb just then...... ugh.

At the same time I find it hilarious.... I FINALLY KNOW WHAT HE'S SAYING!!!!!!!!

rotfD, thanks Emily. I feel very enlightened now. :) Actually to tell you the truth, I have felt very dumb lately. I don't know, I think my brain went on vacation and forgot to leave me the key. :P